Missing out on something awesome is a total bummer. It leaves you feeling hopeless, disappointed, discouraged. It’s the sort of sorrow that drains you until you reach a point where you confront yourself and say, “Never. Ever. Again.”
The people at Hotwire know this pain. And they know exactly how to use it.
But that’s not a bad thing…
Hotwire loyalists love the rush of adventure and journey into the unknown. If you’ve never booked a hotel on the travel site, it comes with a catchy quirk — all hotels are booked blindly — you don’t know where you’ll be staying until after you pay—but the mystery doesn’t stop there.
Those in the loop to receive Hotwire emails receive regular Mystery Deals throughout the week. Even if the recipient isn’t looking to travel, the email still triggers curiosity — a tactic that could inspire spontaneity, or simply keep Hotwire top of mind. In other emails, urgency comes into play, as many of Hotwire’s Hot Rates live under a running clock. When time’s up, the deal goes down and customers miss out on what could have been.
Often times customers land spectacular stays at a great savings. Millions love it.
So whether it’s a mystery offer or ticking timer, Hotwire makes FOMO a fun thing with a stroke of suspense, drama and gamification.
It’s a smart play that their passionate customers not only seek, but appreciate, too.
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands