In the past several years Amazon has moved from your desktop to your mobile to your home speaker to your home broadly and now to your front door. Amazon is buying smart doorbell maker Ring for a reported $1 billion.
The move makes perfect sense as:
- Amazon continues to play a massive role in the smart home market and Ring was already integrated as a partner.
- Amazon probably arrives at your front door more than any other delivery service or friend or family member, (other than possibly the US Postal Service)
- They have already let it know that they want more frictionless entry into your home via Amazon Key for delivery
As Amazon continues their seemingly relentless quest to embed themselves into all the cracks of life, its evident that they are looking to enable everyone to shop as they go through their day, but obstacle-less delivery across the board. So in sum, Amazon has added a key element in the smart home ecosystem and a technology with an installed base that will further accelerate the user satisfaction and growth of their core e-commerce business.
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands