It’s that time of year again. Northwest Arkansas welcomes thousands of Walmart Associates and Shareholders from around the world to their annual Shareholders meeting. The meeting takes place on Friday, June 6 at Bud Walton Arena on the University of Arkansas Campus in Fayetteville, but events and concerts will be taking place all over Northwest Arkansas throughout the week. Northwest Arkansas REALLY becomes all things Walmart.
The buzz is all about what celebrities will be here. Last year, Hugh Jackman andTom Cruise hosted the meeting . Several musicians sang, including: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend.
Doug McMillion, Walmart President and CEO, will speak at Friday’s meeting and has already mentioned a few key strategic areas of discussion:
- Serving the customers through relevant and personalized experiences
- Expanding opportunities for Associates
- Driving operational excellence
- Serving communities through a deeper focus on social, environmental and local responsibility
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands