IKEA is all about making use of the space you have and doing it with a flair of design. Its latest billboard in Sweden truly hits that home, showing three different messages depending on which bulb is lit up.
So simple and smart and true to brand, this execution is spot on. I think in this day and age, it’s too easy for brands to complicate their message. Between a kagillion different social media and online avenues and just as many print and PR options, a brand’s message can get muddied, confusing and even lost if not executed with precision. More is not always more. That’s why this IKEA billboard is so striking to me. They could have used this space to put up a digital billboard with three different messages, but it wouldn’t have been as poignant as the three messages overlapping, truly using the same space.
What simple campaigns have inspired you?
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands