Target is focusing on the online space more with a special focus on Pinterest. The Target in-house RAD (Rapid Accelerated Development) team has created the ‘Awesome Shop’ within the popular photo app. Still in beta, it allows the user to sort top-pinned items by certain preset categories as well as view the overall most most-pinned items in the online store.
Target saw a 70% increase in traffic from Pinterest in the six weeks after the Pinterest rolled out its Rich Pins feature. While the big-box retailer has still been putting a lot of energy into sprucing up its physical stores, which could mean that social media features that have recently graced stores like Nordstrom, such as items specifically marked as highly pinned, could be on their way.
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands