Kroger has introduced a loyalty card mobile application that lets users download coupons, renew prescriptions and get discounts at checkout. The new version of the app also has features for creating shopping lists, viewing advertisements and keeping track of fuel discount points. Kroger joins other major retailers, such as Target, Marsh, Wal-Mart and Meijer, in creating its own app.
The company also has several more projects in the development or testing stage. Kroger is testing a “scan, bag, go” program in its Cincinnati-area stores. Customers are given hand-held scanners and bags as they enter the store. They can scan and bag items as they fill their shopping lists and keep an eye on the running total of the bill. When customers are done shopping, they take the scanner to the register, pay and head out the door.
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands