How vital is Point of Sale to retailers? Important enough to strategically re-image even the most basic of tools.
Case in point, clothing retailers are now creating more and more remarkable mannequins. (See Stores Demand Mannequins with Personality in the NY Times for more interesting reading on this topic.)
Once glorified clothes hangers, mannequins are now gorgeous pieces of commissioned artwork, molded from the forms of professional athletes and famous runway models. Why? Because they sell more clothing.
That’s smart retail.
These evolved mannequins are great merchandising – you can see the clothes, get a better idea of fit, even imagine accessories (assuming they have fingers, ears and feet). The more fun and unusual the mannequin, the more customers stop and admire the clothes.
Bottom line – proactive POS is alive – and now more engaging than ever.
- WHICH P IS BEST FOR YOU? Identify the Right Business Model and Fulfillment Strategy for Amazon [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- CES 2019: A Clearer Picture of Our Future
- MAKING WHOLE FOODS AND AMAZON TRULY WHOLE? FOLLOW THE DATA
- I resolve to sell my product on Amazon in 2019 – WHERE TO BEGIN [Velocity Amazon Strategy Series]
- Amazon’s Customer-centric Evolution—What Amazon’s predictive AI means to Manufacturers and Brands